It may be the middle of winter (in the northern hemisphere), but with the new year our advisory committee is looking for help in advocating for bare feet when nicer weather approaches.
Do you love going barefoot? Are you social media savvy? Do you have experience and an oddly-elevated interest in Web development, graphic design, media production, database programming, finance, retail, community building, or research? Do you have a general passion for advocating for people who go barefoot? If you answered "yes" to these questions, consider joining our movement!
If we're going to continue growing our advocacy of barefoot living, we must grow and our programs and exposure must grow.
We are seeking dedicated volunteers to coordinate and lead various programs of The Barefoot Alliance in 2014 and beyond.
These volunteers would also serve on our Advisory Committee, assisting founder Michael Buttgen in organizational decision making.
We're looking for barefooters -- or those who have a passion for helping us out -- to fill the following needs:
- Message Managers - These people consider themselves social media "power users." They think in hashtags when online. They know the ins and outs of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other platforms. When's the best time to post a tweet for maximum exposure? These folks can tell you. What blog subjects will pull in the greatest exposure? They know.
- Multimedia Mavens - They have that "eye" for artistry and design. Well versed in still photography and videography, these people also have a passion for all things "cool" and creative. They want to make a statement with what they make and are willing to go that extra mile to put a polish on their work.
- Data Developers - Simply comfortable with code. These people LOVE getting the nitty gritty of database creation and management, and can troubleshoot a finnicky Website without breaking a sweat. Want to set up a database of members and/or groups throughout the world and map where they're located? (hint, hint) They reply with "Challenge accepted!"
- Community Coordinators - These are the "people people." They'd love to bring people together for a common cause, and they love planning events and outings for those groups. Experienced in keeping calendars, working with vendors, sending out reminders, and running activities, they are comfortable in both online chat rooms and coffee shops.
- Research Rats - If "studies have shown" something, we want to know about it, verify its validity, and be able to cite it. These people love to look up this stuff AND analyze study methodology. If there's a policy, law, or lack of a policy or law about going barefoot, we want to know that, too. Furthermore, they might find it "fun" to dig through court cases that have to do with bare feet.
- Financial Fundraisers - Money may not buy happiness, but it can sure solve a lot of problems and pay for really great stuff. These people have experience and are good at finding ways to raise money and do an amazing job of helping keeping track of it. (It may seem strange to think funding is necessary to advocate for bare feet, but many programs that could be very effective would never work without funding.)
We don't have the ability to pay anyone for their help right now, but that may be a possibility in the future. Hopefully, making positive strides toward a more barefoot-tolerant culture can be reward enough right now.
If you think you "fit" with one of the categories above and would be interested in helping The Barefoot Alliance, please fill out our volunteer application form at the following link and let's talk.